Monday, October 26, 2009

best. birthday. surprise. EVER.

all i knew was that D was taking me somewhere on Saturday for 2 hours. that i should wear comfortable clothes. and that i had to be `lucid.' when Saturday rolled around and i was still recovering Friday night's shenanigans, the `appointment' was rescheduled to today.
THANK GOD. because the first question asked in the RIFLE-SHOOTING CLASS was `is anyone here hungover?'
cannot begin to describe the excitement, the nerves, the adrenaline, the terror, the thrill and the number of weirdos in nyc's pistol & rifle shooting range today.
so what if a spent shell grazed me and i am now left with a bullet-shaped, residue-embedded scar? quite proud of my battle wound, actually.
ramon was the best teacher a newbie could hope for and i now have a 3-month membership to go burn off steam any time i choose.
honestly, felt like a spa. will sleep like a baby tonight, achy shoulder and all.
oh and also, i am an AWESOME shot.



















5 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

The Ghieths are armed?

I am TERRIFIED.

14:10  
Blogger MicNic said...

I have visions of you joining NYPD. I see it. I really do.

21:48  
Blogger sxg said...

not the NYPD, the NRA!

21:56  
Blogger Tom said...

You can take the girl out of Virginia...

23:38  
Blogger FKJ said...

i have to join the choruses of OMGs

06:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home